Friday, June 19, 2015

Day 12 - Rio de Janiero

Bom dia! (Good morning!) Thursday sadly marked our last day of school in Nova Iguacu. In the morning we taught classes and said goodbye to the students and teachers at the bilingual school. I was a little sad to leave as the students and teachers were very nice and welcoming during my visit, I hope to return to the school someday in the future.

The afternoon marked our last visit to Rio de Janiero. We drove into the city, had a nice lunch at a Portuguese restaurant (in case you forgot...Brazil was settled by the Portuguese in 1500). I had a delicious linguica plate. After lunch we went up to Corcavado Mountain to visit the Christ the Redeemer statue who looks over the city of Rio de Janiero. The statue is an impressive work of art and engineering with some of the best views of the city. The view from the top was awesome. It felt like I was on top of the world....not a bad way to celebrate my birthday!

Christ the Reedemer at dusk
The city of Rio



Sunset over the mountains surrounding Rio.





No comments:

Post a Comment