Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Day 18 - My last day in Brazil

June 24 - My last day in Brazil

Sadly, today marked the time for me to say goodbye to Brazil, a country of beauty, friendly people, vibrant culture, and delicious food. I have felt so honored to be a part of this intercultural program in educational diplomacy through the U.S. Department of State. This experience has opened my eyes to the beauty of Brazil in so many ways. The culture, history, art, music, food, and people all come together to make Brazil a fascinating place begging to be further explored. I am so happy that I had the chance to be a visitor and teacher here. I have lived an experience unlike any other in my life and have found it to be one of the most enriching experiences in my life. I had the chance to meet countless outstanding people, engage in cross-cultural dialogue with educational and political leaders,   
work with a talented group of American and Brazilian educators, learn about comparative global education and best practices, see some of the most beautiful sights in South America, participate in fun cultural events, eat some of the most delicious food I have ever eaten, and most importantly, teach an excellent group of enthusiastic, inquisitive students. For all this I am most grateful. I can't wait to return to Brazil. Instead of saying goodbye to Brazil, I rather say, ate mais....or "see you later."


Signing off from Brazil. Until the next time...

Bom Viagem,
Peter Schmidt



No comments:

Post a Comment